CORPORATE COMMERCIAL ATTORNEY - SANDTON
Our client, a boutique law firm based in Sandton, specialising in commercial work, the client base is made up of blue-chip companies and is known in the marketplace for their long-term relationships with their clients. The firm's Partners are highly rated, as is reflected in their ratings by local and international rating agencies. They are looking for an attorney with 3 – 4 years PQE in a Commercial Department.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Admitted Attorney
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- At least 3 - 4 years' experience, working in a corporate commercial department
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to see the big picture
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills
- Driven by professional growth
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgment
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
- Long-term interest in business law
- Fluency in English
- Candidates with a B.Comm LLB, with a 70% minimum pass rate in Commercial Law Subjects
The ideal candidate over and above the standard skills (communications, computer skills, etc.) must be able to
- Produce quality work on time
- Does not just know the law, but also has insight into the law.
- Understand business principles.
- Can be innovative on how they bring the law and business requirements together.
- Do the above with a "can do" attitude and enjoyment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven experience working on complex transactional matters
- Conducting brief or somewhat more complex research, or drafting of memoranda (search for judicature, commentaries to specific legal issues)
- Drafting of basic agreements (according to model documents), powers of attorney, draft resolutions of General Meetings, waivers of appeal, various statements
- Involvement in due diligence – analysis of agreements in data room and their subsequent description
- Communication with clients (via telephone, E-mail)
- Assisting clients with corporate establishment, registration, transformation and governance
- Conducting research and analysis on impact of M&A
- Drafting legal memoranda on broad range of topics arising under commercial law and corporate law
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic corporate clients
- Joining educational seminar and practice groups
- Drafting of all types of corporate documents required for organization of all types of companies or for adoption of changes to companies (e.g. change of business name, registered office, statutory body, etc.) and subsequent registration thereof in Commercial Register (i.e. powers of attorney, statements, decisions, simple draft agreements), drafting of motions for entry of changes in entries of companies in Commercial Register, completion of schedules to such motions
- Communicating with foreign authorities, preparing forms, and serving notice
- Organizing General Meetings, on their own or together with senior attorneys
- Assisting in due diligence
- Assisting foreign clients in paperwork
Salary is market related.
Brought to you by AGC Recruitment