Our client is an international mining company with mines across Africa. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Controller to join their Projects Team in the Northern Cape.
We are looking for a procurement and contracting professional in a Project environment with a proven track record to play a pivotal role in enabling our client to become the anchor of growth in the Southern African Mining Industry to join the projects team. The incumbent will play a critical role in enabling the pipeline of the Projects including the flagship project – totaling the value of $1.5bn - in next 3-5 years
Key Functional Skills
- Management of the project procurement process by ensuring that suppliers are evaluated technically and commercially before allocating orders.
- The role requires working on multiple tasks simultaneously across contract management and procurement activities, and demands high levels of commercial and financial acumen, integrity and professionalism as well as professional knowledge of national and international commercial structures, legislation and operating frameworks.
- The incumbent should have recognised data analytical skills, project management skills, negotiation and communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- This position also involves interfacing with multiple levels within the organisation and requires a high degree of attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas
- Assisting Project Heads with commercial planning to ensure best appointment of suppliers and contractors are achieved.
- Ensuring that contractual obligations are met and corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Ensuring that contracts are valid and enforced.
- Champion commercial governance, auditing and statutory reporting by:
- Driving a strong governance culture by ensuring project compliance with both Zinc International and the wider group’s governance policies and procedures.
- Negotiation skill & People Management Skills
- Conflict Management & Influencing Skills
- Evaluating the performance of suppliers.
- Manage all project contractual processes
- Reporting on actual, deviations and corrective actions if required in terms of WIP in line with group commercial procedures and guidelines.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Finance, Commerce, Procurement or a related field
- MBA Highly Advantageous
- 8-10 years of total experience (of which a minimum of 4 years should have been in a project commercial / contractual environment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- SAP systems experience
Brought to you by AGC Recruitement.