Our client is an international mining company, with global operations. They are currently undertaking various renewable energy and mining projects in the Northern Cape and Namibia. To support their rapid growth, they are looking for an experienced Executive who wants to take the reins of their Renewable Energy projects.
THE ROLE: HEAD – RENEWABLE ENERGY
The exciting leadership position: Head - Renewable Energy exists for a hardworking, enthusiastic and result driven individual. The company has a vision to be a globally renowned brand in their sector. We encourage seasoned leaders with a high level of passion and drive, to grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent will be the driving force of the entire Renewable Energy Projects pipeline.
- S/he will conceptualize, lead, develop and negotiate an optimized power sourcing strategy to ensure availability of the same across all locations.
- Stakeholder engagement is critical in the role.
- Advocacy and Liaising with Government and statutory bodies will be required.
- The incumbent will be the face of the company for all engagements and will lead the Renewable Energy Project team and enable them to implement their projects.
- S/he will be responsible for management of the renewable energy project team, partner lock in and management thereof, also ensuring the security of reliable power at the right price.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An individual with a relevant degree in Engineering (or similar), with minimum 10 years’ professional experience in energy sourcing, of which at least 5 years should have been in renewable energy management should apply.
- Additional qualifications - MBA and PMP are desirable.
- Market related
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online
Brought to you by AGC Recruitment