Our client is a multi-national mining company with mines across Africa. They require the services of a very experienced Control and Instrumentation Engineer who has been involved with Refinery projects from start to finish at one of their mines in Namibia.
The mine, is starting up Refinery Conversion project that will convert the existing facility into a toll smelter.
The incumbent will be responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes.
- Advanced process control (APC)
- Distributed control systems (DCS)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Designing and developing new control systems
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Managing operations
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Providing advice and consultancy support
- Purchasing equipment
- Developing new business proposals.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Instrumentation;
- Relevant formal qualification in SCADA, PLC and Instrumentation Systems;
- Preferably ten (10) years’ technical hands on experience in the design, development and implementation of control and instrumentation systems.
- Full project experience
Brought to you by AGC Recruitment