PROJECT LEAD - TAILINGS - NORTHERN CAPE - MINING
Project Manager or Engineer with Mining or Civil Engineering background and extensive Tailings facilities experience.
Our client is a large international diversified natural resources company with operations across Africa, India and Australia. They are looking for a qualified Mining Engineer / Civil Engineer / Tailings Engineer to join their dynamic team in the Northern Cape as Project Lead for the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) Remining, Processing and Deposition Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Total cross functional Project Management role covering but not limited to GeoTechnical, Resource modelling, Mining, Processing, Regulatory and Deposition.
- Leading the Project Team who will be tasked with developing and implementing definitive remining, processing and deposition plans as well with the possibility of expanding the current TSF and/or developing a new one.
- Remining and Deposition Plans of the mines TSF’s.
- Design, Planning and Feasibility plans.
- Planning and Managing other tailings projects and/or TSF’s on site;
- Knowledge of regulations, methods, processes and equipment related to tailings operations and facilities.
- Practical experience in construction and maintenance of tailings facilities.
- Using advanced techniques, theories, and practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making / recommendations;
- Planning, developing schedules, coordinating and overseeing manpower on important tailings projects to meet completion deadlines;
- Supervising, coordinating and reviewing / evaluating activities carried out by Project Team;
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Relevant degree (BEng or BSc) in Civil or Mining Engineering
- PMBOK / PMP or similar Project Management qualification would be beneficial.
- 6-10 Years demonstrated experience with Tailings projects is required.
- Previous experience in bulk earthworks is beneficial
- Legislation knowledge related to TSF design and ability to support water use and waste management license applications;
- Strong Safety Focus
- Knowledge in tendering and scoping.
- Proven skills/ experience / exposure to lead integrated project tailings projects coupled with sound project management skills;
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Projects, Relevant Slope stability and seepage analysis software. Proficiency in other engineering related software will be considered beneficial.
Salary – Market Related and Negotiable
Brought to you by AGC Recruitment